ISI Inspection Report
Focused Compliance and Educational Quality Inspection Report 2022
We are delighted to share our recent ISI inspection report on King Edward’s.
In the focused compliance inspection, KES met every legal and statutory standard, and no recommendations were made. This part of the inspection is simply deemed to be ‘met’ or ‘not met’, and no judgements on quality are made.
In the educational quality inspection, KES achieved the highest possible ‘excellent’ rating for both pupil achievement and personal development. Indeed, the inspectors further rated every single element of provision within these two broad categories as excellent.
The key findings for pupils’ academic and other achievements were:
- Pupils’ attainment in examinations and ability to secure entry to further education or destination of their choice confirm that they make excellent progress.
- Pupils secure excellent achievement in their academic and co-curricular activities.
- All pupils develop and demonstrate the skills and knowledge to enable significant success at all stages of their learning.
- Pupil progress is strong when the level of challenge is high, when activities are varied and when they take responsibility for their own learning.
The key findings for pupils’ personal development were:
- Pupils demonstrate excellent relationships with peers and adults and exhibit a strong sense of community through an overarching ethos of nurture and support.
- Pupils demonstrate a profound appreciation of their moral responsibilities. They respect and celebrate diversity within the School community.
- Pupils across the school show excellent self-confidence and self-discipline.
- Pupils are able to make well informed decisions enabling them to stay safe and healthy.
|KES Southampton EQI Report 2022||20th May 2022||Download|
|King Edward VI School RCI 2017||20th May 2022||Download|